It is never easy to find the right words of comfort when someone we know suffers the loss of a loved one. But in times of grief, a few well-spoken words goes a long way in providing some measure of peace.
As a Christian, a call, a prayer and a visit often helps. Here are some sympathy, condolence messages that can help you form your own words of comfort.
- After the tears have dried and the goodbyes have been said, all we have to hold onto are the happy memories that we’ve shared with our loved ones who have passed, this is what keeps them alive in our hearts and in our minds, and they will continue to live on, through us.
- I am praying for you to have peace and strength at this time. You have my deepest sympathies.
- Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.
- I admired [name] for his/her strength of character and his/her faith. I will continue to be inspired by the actions he/she took and the things he/she said while he/she was alive. He/she will live in my memories.
- I am at a loss of words, and I don’t know what to say to you to help you feel better. Please accept my condolences anyway. I’ll be praying for you.
- I am praying for you to get through this time with the peace that comes from the knowledge that God loves you and that He will take care of you.
Short Condolence Messages
- Please accept our condolences. We were truly sorry to hear of the loss of (insert Name of deceased here.). May our prayers help comfort you and hasten the journey of his/her soul to Heaven.
- May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief. Please accept my sincere condolences.
- Please accept our condolences, just know that we are here for you, and please do not hesitate to reach out, especially during this difficult time.
- My deepest sympathies go out to you and your family. May God give you the comfort and peace that you seek and may the soul of your loved one rest in peace.
- I cannot even begin to understand what you are going through right now, but I would like to offer my prayers and condolences to you and your family.
Condolence Messages For Friends
- In this tough time in your life, may my friendship, sympathy and heartfelt condolences bring you comfort.
- Those who are asleep will awaken on the day the Lord comes for us all.
- We are deeply saddened by your loss, our hearts go out to you and your loved ones and may our prayers guide [name] soul to our Heavenly Father.
- We are saddened by your loss. However, we celebrate the life of [name]. We know she is watching down from Heaven. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
- We pray that God will give you strength and courage in your time of bereavement. Take comfort in friendship, prayer, and peace in love.
Read Also and Share Prayer for Strength After The Loss of a Loved One
- After the tears have dried and the goodbyes have been said, all we have to hold onto are the happy memories that we’ve shared with our loved ones who have passed, this is what keeps them alive in our hearts and in our minds, and they will continue to live on, through us. My condolences.
- We pray that the love of God enfolds you during your difficult times and that he helps you heal with the passage of time.
- My heart is filled with sorrow upon hearing the news about the your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.) passing. My most sincere condolences go out to you and your family.
- I would like to offer you and your family our deepest and most sincere condolences and may the soul of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here) rest in peace.
- Dear (insert Name of bereaved here), I am terribly sorry to hear about the passing of your (insert relationship of deceased to bereaved here.). May my condolences bring you consolation and peace during this painful time.
Sympathy Messages For Other Christians
- In this sorrowful time, I would like to extend to you my heartfelt condolences. May our Lord comfort you and your loved ones.
- May my condolences bring you comfort and may our prayers ease the pain of this loss.
- Only God can know what you are feeling in your heart now, and only He can restore your spirit. I am available to pray with you anytime.
- May our Lord bless and comfort you and your family during this time of grief. Please accept our sincere condolences.
- Our hearts are saddened by your loss and our thoughts and prayers are with you. May the memories of [name] and the love of family surround you and give you strength in the days ahead.
- Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. May the comfort of God help you during this time of need.
- Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather, openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.
- Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. May the love of family and friends comfort you during these difficult days, our most heartfelt condolences.
- In the hard times caused by the departure to the angels in the sky of his dear brother, we are with our colleague (Name), with thoughts of comfort and compassion. God rest him in peace.
- A prayer, my thoughts of love, flowers and many tears is all I can offer now, when your soul is summoned to heaven, leaving a grieving mother desolated forever. I loved you and I will forever keep you in my heart, my dear son.
Condolence Messages For Loss
- A gentle soul ascended to heaven, leaving behind a lot of pain and anger. We say goodbye to our friend.
- We forever support the family of (Name), now that she has been separated from the man that was a father, grandfather and father-in-law.
- With boundless heartache, we announce the separation from our beloved father and grandfather. May God bless his soul.
- In a time of great ordeal, we are with our colleague and her family at the separation from her loved father. May God give him eternal rest and may He put his soul where the righteous rest. Sincere condolences.
- You went to heaven too soon, leaving behind you only tears and pain. May God rest your soul.
- All my life I will remember your kindness and love. May God forgive you of your sins, and may you stay with the angels up there, in a place free from pain and suffering.
- Pious homage, honor and remembrance in memory of the man who was a husband, son in law, brother, brother in law and uncle.
- Tears and flowers will now be brought to your grave and your sad gentle eyes will be just a memory. God’s forgiveness and eternal rest come upon the man who was a husband, son in law, brother and uncle.
- A good heart has stopped beating, a good soul rose to heaven, closer to God. The pain of losing a brother and uncle will forever remain in our hearts.
- He left this world after a long, hard suffering, the best husband, father and grandfather. May God keep you beside him, so you may watch over us.
- While the pain of loss is immeasurable, our God’s love and grace are boundless. May you find solace in His eternal promises.
- In times of grief, I hope you find strength in the words of the Lord and feel His unending love surrounding you.
- The heavens have gained another angel. Your loved one now rejoices in the Kingdom of God, free from earthly pains.
- May the love of Christ heal your heart and bring you comfort, knowing your dear one is resting in the glory of God’s embrace.
- During these moments of heartache, remember that God’s love is unwavering. He walks beside you, even through the valleys of sorrow.
- As your heart grieves, may the words of Psalm 34:18 comfort you: ‘The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.’
- Remember that through Christ’s resurrection, we have the promise of eternal life. Your loved one is now in God’s radiant presence.
- May the Holy Scriptures guide you to a place of healing and peace. Know that your loved one now rests in the eternal light of God.
- Even in moments of darkness, Christ’s love shines brightly, guiding us and offering comfort. You and your family are in my prayers.
- Your loved one’s legacy of faith and love will continue to inspire and uplift. May God’s grace and mercy comfort you during this time.
Inspirational Sympathy Messages
- I pray that in the midst of your sorrow you find comfort in all the joyful memories shared.
- I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time. Please know that I am thinking of you and praying for peace and comfort.
- God has called home another blessed and faithful saint. He will also embrace you with His love at this time.
- Words cannot express my sadness. May the comfort of God help you through this difficult time.
- Today, tomorrow and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength.
- My heart is with you in your time of sorrow.
- My sincerest condolences, sending love, prayers and comfort.
- I am thinking of you and your family during this difficult period and sending our love and sincere prayers your way to support you through this.
- I pray for God’s peace and comfort for you at your loss. Know that I am always here for you throughout this difficult time.
- My heart is so saddened by your loss. May we never forget the joy and love he/she shared with us.
Best Articles and Prayers Related to Grief
Looking for even more? Why not share one of these prayers with someone who may need it.
- Prayer for Strength After The Loss of a Loved One
- Prayer For Those Grieving the Loss of Loved Ones
- A Prayer for Widow
- A Sad Heart – A Prayer Against Sadness
- A Prayer For those suffering tragedy
- Prayer – Life After Death