Lord Jesus, I thank You for Your love and the tender mercies You bestow unto those who are suffering some sort of tragedy in their lives. I pray a special blessing upon them, Father, as they call upon You with broken hearts.
Almighty God, You said in your Word that You will never leave us nor forsake us. And so, I ask that Your Holy Spirit comfort Your special people at this time.
God has promised to uphold you with His hand of righteousness. It states in Isaiah 41:10:
Fear not, for I am with you. Be not dismayed, for I am your God. And I will strengthen you and help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
In the matchless and mighty name of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, SO BE IT…Amen and Amen!
Bible Verses For those suffering tragedy
- Lamentations 3:21-23 – “Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.”
- Psalm 34:18 – The Lord is near to those who are broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
- I John 4:17 – Now this is the confidence we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petition that we have asked of Him.”
- Matthew 5:4 – Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.”
- Philippians 3:13-14 Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
- James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
- Psalms 116:15 Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.
- Psalms 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction, that your promise gives me life.
- Isaiah 51:11 And the ransomed of the Lord shall return and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
- Romans 8:18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.