Prayer Against Suicide And Suicidal Thoughts
Father, sometimes I feel so alone, I have no one to turn to. My thoughts turn to suicide, to ending it all. I know that You said You are my friend in time of need but I feel as if You are so far away. I can’t feel You physically and sometimes your presence seems distant to me. How can I know You are near me?
- Psalms 55:22 Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you. He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
- Psalms 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Father, I feel as though you dealt me a hand that is unfair. This mountain seems insurmountable and my cares and worries weigh so heavy on my soul, that I see no way out. I feel as though I am on an ocean, adrift, just knowing I cannot make it.
- Psalm 68:19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
Surviving And Overcoming Suicidal Thoughts
Abba, when depression sets in, sometimes I think of ending it all. I feel pathetic and weak because I know this is not the way but I just feel as though I have no other way out.
Lord, I feel guilty because I know so many people suffer so much more than I do yet they survive and I know suicide is wrong but I am not well.
I just want a way out! Where is that way out you promised, Abba? Please help me because I am so broken and the yoke is too much for me to bear. This life, this walk, it is too much and I am at the end of my rope.
- Psalm 42:5 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
- Psalm 37:23-4 If the Lord delights in a man’s way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumbles, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
- Psalm 119:116a Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live….
Trusting God’s Word
My God, I trust your Word and I believe You will rescue me. I believe that no matter how deep I sink, You will never let me go and You will always pull me up.
My Lord, You said in Your Word that Your yoke is light. I give mine to You, God because it is too heavy for me to bear.
Give me what I need to walk this walk. I know this battle is already won, You have already defeated death, hell and the grave, You have already defeated this spirit of depression and suicide and I will no longer give it room in my life, in Jesus’s name.
No longer will fear have dominion over me. I thank You for providing comfort, my Father and thank You for always reminding me that You and only You are my way out.
- Isaiah 61:3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion– to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.
- Matthew 11:30 “For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”