Father, sometimes I feel so alone, I have no one to turn to. My thoughts turn to suicide, to ending it all. I know that You said You are my friend in time of need but I feel as if You are so far away. I can’t feel You physically and sometimes your presence seems distant to me. How can I know You are near me?
- Psalms 55:22 Cast your burden upon the LORD and He will sustain you. He will never allow the righteous to be shaken.
- Psalms 34:18 The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Father, I feel as though you dealt me a hand that is unfair. This mountain seems insurmountable and my cares and worries weigh so heavy on my soul, that I see no way out. I feel as though I am on an ocean, adrift, just knowing I cannot make it.
- Psalm 68:19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens.
- 1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
Prayer for Deliverance from the Temptation of Suicide
Heavenly Father, I am in the grip of a battle where the temptation of suicide seems like a way to end my suffering. In this hour of temptation, deliver me from these thoughts and the lies that fuel them.
Help me to see the value of my life through Your eyes, to understand that I am precious in Your sight, and that suicide is not the path You desire for me.
I pray for Your protection against these suicidal thoughts and the spirit of despair that accompanies them. Surround me with Your love and light, and let the hope of Your salvation be a shield around my mind and heart, guarding me against thoughts of suicide.
Psalm 91:11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
2 Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
Surviving And Overcoming Thoughts Of Suicide
Abba, when depression sets in, sometimes I think of ending it all. I feel pathetic and weak because I know this is not the way but I just feel as though I have no other way out.
Lord, I feel guilty because I know so many people suffer so much more than I do yet they survive and I know suicide is wrong but I am not well.
I just want a way out! Where is that way out you promised, Abba? Please help me because I am so broken and the yoke is too much for me to bear. This life, this walk, it is too much and I am at the end of my rope.
- Psalm 42:5 Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
- Psalm 37:23-4 If the Lord delights in a man’s way, he makes his steps firm; though he stumbles, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.
- Psalm 119:116a Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live….
Prayer for Hope and a Future Beyond Suicidal Thoughts
Lord Jesus, as I struggle with suicidal thoughts, I feel like I am losing sight of hope and the future You have for me. In these moments of hopelessness, breathe into me new life and a renewed sense of purpose.
Help me to focus on the future You have promised, one filled with hope and not harm. Remind me that suicide is not my fate, but that You have plans for me that are good and filled with potential.
Reveal to me the steps I need to take towards healing and wholeness. Guide me towards people and resources that can support me in this fight against suicidal thoughts. Let me find solace in Your Word and comfort in the knowledge that with You, my future is secure and bright.
Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
Trusting God’s Word
My God, I trust your Word and I believe You will rescue me. I believe that no matter how deep I sink, You will never let me go and You will always pull me up.
My Lord, You said in Your Word that Your yoke is light. I give mine to You, God because it is too heavy for me to bear.
Give me what I need to walk this walk. I know this battle is already won, You have already defeated death, hell and the grave, You have already defeated this spirit of depression and suicide and I will no longer give it room in my life, in Jesus’s name.
No longer will fear have dominion over me. I thank You for providing comfort, my Father and thank You for always reminding me that You and only You are my way out.
- Isaiah 61:3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion– to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.
- Matthew 11:30 “For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Help is available. Call 988.